Where Are We?
100 Lambeth Road
London, England, SE1 7PT
Getting to Us
- A four-minute walk to Lambeth North, one stop from Waterloo.
- Underground Map
- 159, 453, 3, all to Oxford Circus via Big Ben, Trafalgar Sq and Picadilly Circus.
- 148 to Victoria, Hyde Park Corner, Knightsbridge and Notting Hill,
- 360 to Royal Albert Hall and all the Kensington Museums
- 344 to Liverpool St and the City of London(financial district)
- C10 to Victoria coach Station
- Pay and display parking zones around the house cost £4.80 per hour, Monday – Friday 0830-1830, Saturday 0830 – 1330
- So quite expensive, but not impossible, however, don’t forget we are within the £11.50 per day congestion charge – so to avoid it – don’t move your vehicle between 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- A less expensive option though is a pre-bookable parking facility where you can drop the car off at either a driveway or a designated parking space in the area.
- Go to Just Park. They are offering 20% off the first booking. Just follow the link above and enter the code CAPTAINBLIGHHOUSE20 at the checkout to redeem it
- Another company offering the same discount is Your Parking Space. Click on the link and enter the code CAPTAINBLIGHHOUSE20 at the checkout to redeem it.
Finding airport transport has been a deep disappointment. Companies and individual taxis go out of business monthly.
- Waterloo Car Hire, www.waterloocarhire.com is a local company, when you make a booking, give flight number, terminal, how many passengers and pieces of luggage. They will then quote you a price, track your flight on the day, and wait half an hour. It is no good us doing any of the arrangements for you, only you can keep them up to date.
- Black Cabs, wonderful, salt of the earth, trustworthy, efficient and sitting waiting for you in the airport. However, unlike the cab companies you pay for the time rather than the mileage. The journey to London by road is long and crowded, and you could have a nervous breakdown just watching the meter ticking over, could cost in excess of £100, but it will be extremely comfortable and safe.
- Always better to take the Heathrow Express or Heathrow Connect, advance ticket can be as little as £6 and you land in the centre of London. From there you could pick up a black cab or organise with Waterloo Cars to pick you up at Paddington.
There is a bus service as well
- National Express Coaches
- National Express will drop you off at London Victoria Coach Station and from there you can cross the road and catch a C10 bus to Lambeth North